Last updated: June 22, 2020
Who we are and how you can contact us
We are Groupe Mutuel Services SA (“Groupe Mutuel“), a company registered in Switzerland. Our Company Identification Number (EIN) is CHE-103.118.779 and our head office is located at rue des Cèdres 5, 1919 Martigny.
Personal data collected and used by us
We process the personal data listed below which we receive from you in the course of your use of the Service: Your first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, weight, and certain aspects of your medical history and health, the name of your insurance company and your insurance card number and other data filled in the online form (including symptoms and test results).
It may also include less obvious information such as personality profiles or information that you have not provided directly to us, and that has been made available to us in other ways with your consent, such as the name of your doctor, your insurance plan, your level of physical activity, your diet, weight loss, location data, data provided through online registration via your social media login, or one or more factors related to your physical, physiological, cultural or social identity (“User Authorized Data“; see “How do we collect personal data ” below).
Your personal data will be treated confidentially and collected and used in accordance with the applicable Swiss data protection laws, in particular, the Swiss Data Protection Act.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data in two ways:
- If you provide us with personal information directly. If you register on our website or in our app, subscribe to our services, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily provide us with certain information, for example, by filling out text fields or registration forms.
- If you consent to us receiving personal information from third parties (User Authorized Data). This includes when you allow us to obtain personal information about you from third parties, depending on the settings on your mobile device, computer, or the privacy policies of other online services. For example, this may be done through social media or by sending us your location information when you access our website with your smartphone.
Other information we collect about you:
Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect information, including
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, GPS location data, operating system, and platform;
- information about your visit, including aggregated URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators), navigation paths to, through, and from our website, the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit to specific pages, information about the interaction between pages, and the total number of visits to our website.
For what purposes do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data as far as this is necessary to fulfill the contract with you.
We also collect and use your personal data to the extent that we are legally obliged to do so. We may also collect and use your personal data if you have given us your consent to do so.
Provided you have not objected to the use of your personal data for this purpose, and we may also use your data to contact you and inform you about activities of us or our affiliated companies or as part of marketing measures. If you object to the use of your personal data for this purpose, you can inform us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of your data to third parties
MyHealthCheck aims to support you in the best possible way. Therefore we can cooperate with other organizations to provide the Service MyHealthCheck. We may share your personal data, including User Authorized Data, with the following partner organizations:
- Medi24 AG, Bern. If you use telemedical services, we will disclose your full name, telephone number, name, and insurance number of your insurance company, as well as the data (including symptoms and test results) submitted via the online form or self-diagnosis tool.
- Medgate AG, Basel. If you use telemedical services, we will disclose your full name, telephone number, name, and insurance number of your insurance company, as well as the data (including symptoms and test results) submitted via the online form or self-diagnosis tool.
- To a health facility, health association, insurance company, or doctor of your choice, to which we can send form data at your request and with your express written consent.
How long do we keep your data?
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide the Service or to fulfill our legal obligations.
If required by law or reasonably necessary to resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms of Service, we may retain your personal information for more extended periods.
In determining the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will take into account the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your Personal Information, the potential risk of harm resulting from the unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes by other means, and applicable laws.
The storage of your data by the partner organizations listed in the section “Disclosure of your data to third parties” is subject to the applicable conditions of the partner organizations concerned.
Service providers commissioned by us
We may share your personal information with service providers contracted by us to fulfill the purposes outlined in the section “For what purposes do we collect and use your personal data?”. The online processing of payments, in particular, is carried out via the service provider Stripe (https://stripe.com), which we have engaged in.
We require all service providers we use to respect the security and confidentiality of your personal data and to process your personal data under applicable law and only for specifically identified purposes and in accordance with our written instructions. We do not allow our contracted service providers to use your personal data for their own or other purposes.
Cross-border disclosure of personal data
As a matter of principle, no personal data will be transferred to a state that does not offer an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the FADP. Should such transfers prove necessary, you will be informed of this; the transfer will be made subject to the existence and sufficiency of the required guarantees (e.g., standard protection clauses) to ensure a level of protection for your Personal Data that is in line with the FADP.
Choosing your control over our use of your personal information
You have the following control options concerning the personal data you provide us with. In order to check your legitimacy, we require proof of identity (copy of your identity card) in each case if you contact us by e-mail.
- You can check the information you have submitted to MyHealthCheck by contacting our customer service: email@example.com
- You can also contact us at any time at the same e-mail address to change, correct or delete personal information contained in your profile. Please note, however, that information you have shared via social media may remain visible even after your account has been deleted.
- You are also free to close your account via the account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of certain personal information if required by law or in our legitimate interest (e.g., to combat fraud and spam).
- You can update your Personal Information at any time by either changing it yourself or by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing e-mail list by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each e-mail. Once you have done so, you will no longer receive marketing e-mails from us.
- You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you in electronic and machine-readable form at any time. Besides, this procedure, as well as the right to access, is free of charge. Please contact us in this regard at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Your legal rights
You have the right to request information about the data we process about you or the release and transfer of the same in a standard electronic format, to request the correction or deletion of your personal data, to object to the processing of your personal data by us, to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data or, if applicable, to revoke any consent given at any time. In addition, there is a right of appeal, where applicable, to the competent data protection supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address mentioned above.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on the hard drive of the user’s computer and allow us to track, record, and store information about the user’s interactions and use of the website. This enables the website to provide users with a personalized experience within the website via its server.
If you wish to block cookies from this website and prevent them from being stored on your computer’s hard drive, you should take the necessary steps in your web browser security settings to block cookies from this website and its external service providers. Please note that blocking certain cookies will affect the quality of the Service and that we may not be able to provide you with certain features of our apps.
You can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). You can find more information about Google Analytics and data protection at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.